- TelSoc's website is its primary communications channel to its stakeholders.
- TelSoc's stakeholders include professionals, students, businesses and corporations with an interest in telecommunications and the digital economy.
- The website publishes events, newsletters, the journal and blogs as well as facilitating payments and records for memberships, subscriptions and events.
- The website links to TelSoc's presence on social media.
- The website also supports advertising for business partners and sponsors.
- Website Content Manager, TelSoc
Line of responsibility
- The position reports to the Board of Telecommunications Association Inc, TelSoc.
- It is expected that the Website Content Manager will be a member of the TelSoc Board.
- The Website Content Manager will be a member of the Website Subcommittee of the board convened by the Website Administrator.
- Contribute to the evolution of the website, social media and communications strategy of TelSoc.
- Monitor content on the website and ensure that it supports TelSoc's mission and objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date instructions on creating content.
- Train authors and editors in creating and editing content.
- Ensure that all content and newsletters are published most effectively.
- Undertake the creation of any content which may have security issues in the creation process.
- Create and publish advertisements for business partners and sponsors.