Institutions may subscribe to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy (ajTDE) for an annual payment of $400. This will provide access to authorised members of the institution to all Premium content in the Journal.
Period of subscription
- One calendar year from 1 January to 31 December.
- New subscriptions after 30 September will be extended at no extra charge to the end of the following calendar year.
- Access to Premium content for a single user identified with the institution's subscription.
- Access to Premium content for users on the institution's subscribed IP address ranges.
Comparison with individual paid membership
|Permissions||Individual membership||Institutional subscription|
|Voting||Voting rights||No voting rights|
|Comment on content||Permitted||Not permitted|
|Attendance at TelSoc events||Free or discounted||Non-member rates|
|Contact other members||Contact via the website||No contact via the website|
How to subscribe
- An individual from the institution needs to be identified with the institution's subscription and have a membership account.
- Payment for the institutional subscription needs to be made via that individual's membership account.
- This payment may be made by credit card, PayPal account, direct debit or cheque.
- Once payment has been made the individual will receive confirming emails and have access as described above when logged in by username and password.
- An invoice will be generated during this process. It will be stored against the individual's account and may be downloaded at anytime as a PDF document.
- The individual may also register IP address ranges for the institution. This can be initiated by contacting the website administrator.
- A new account in the name of the institution will be created for users accessing the site from IP addresses within the given ranges.
- Any user who visits the site from within those IP address ranges during the subscription period will be automatically logged in.
- Individuals within the organisation may also take out individual memberships and receive all of the associated privileges.
- Individual members may log out and log in again using their username and password when accessing the site from within the subscribed IP address ranges.