- TelSoc's website is its primary communications channel to its stakeholders.
- TelSoc's stakeholders include professionals, students, businesses and corporations with an interest in telecommunications and the digital economy.
- The website publishes events, newsletters, the journal and blogs as well as facilitating payments and records for memberships, subscriptions and events.
- The website links to TelSoc's presence on social media.
- The website also supports advertising for business partners and sponsors.
- Website Administrator, TelSoc
Line of responsibility
- The position reports to the Board of Telecommunications Association Inc, TelSoc.
- It is expected that the Website Administrator will be a member of the TelSoc Board.
- The Website Administrator will convene a Website Subcommittee of the board which will provide guidance to the Website Administrator and report regularly to the Board.
- Contribute to the evolution of the website, social media and communications strategy of TelSoc.
- Manage relationships with website developers and service providers.
- Project manage upgrades or developments of the website. The actual work in such cases would normally contracted to the site developer/maintainer.
- Ensure that the website is kept backed-up, secure and up-to-date. This work would normally be done by the site developer/maintainer.
- Ensure that permissions to access private and security related aspects of the website are kept up-to-date.
- Optimise functionality and performance in consultation with the Website Subcommittee of the Board.