Friday, 30th November 2012
This event is fully booked or has passed.
Paul Budde gave a stimulating presentation on the international trends in broadband access and applications. His key points included:
- With the NBN, Australia has achieved a level of international influence and leadership.
- The UN sees great potential benefits of universal broadband access.
- Many countries now have national broadband plans and are implementing them.
- Australia's NBN business case is positive but is merely counting internal costs and revenues.
- The national economic benefits hugely outweigh the infrastructure costs.
- Specific examples were given in health and education, but the benefits extend across the whole ecconomy.
Date and Time
Fri, 30 Nov 2012
17:00 - 20:00 AEDT
Proudly sponsored by