Sarah Newton is currently the Deputy Dean ? External Relations for the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. In this role she has the responsibility for the strategic management of Industry, Government, Philanthropic relationships on behalf of the Faculty. Prior to this Sarah worked as:
- Executive Director Research, in the Office of the DVCR and Senior DVCR at Monash University where she directed strategic university initiatives as well as overseeing the $100M operations of the Research portfolio.
- Director of Industry Engagement and then Director ? Strategic Alliances for Monash University.
During this time Sarah has led the development of a number of significant new research entities. These include:
- The Institute for Safety Compensation and Recovery Research (a $50M research partnership with TAC & WorkSafe)
- ClimateWorks (a $10m research Center partnership with the Myer Foundation)
- Critical Water Main Pipes,($20m research partnership with over 20 National and international stakeholders)
- Collaborative Research Agreement with National ICT Australia (NICTA)
- Contributed to the development of the Cooperative Research Centre for Water Sensitive Cities.($120m)
Before joining Monash, Sarah held Senior Management positions in the Vocational Education Sector. During this time she chaired the National Heads of Business Committee for Management on behalf of the Australian Government and also represented the Australian National Training Authority in the rollout and evaluation of Australia?s first National training package.