Gary McLaren / Bob James discussion: The NBN today ? back on track, or could a new path emerge?
Tuesday, 28th October 2014
This event is fully booked or has passed.
This month's TelSoc lunchtime lecture follows the TelSoc Annual General Meeting. It includes Gary McLaren and Bob James discussing the status of NBN today. Is it back on track, or could a yet another path emerge?
The 3 major reviews of the NBN have now been delivered and provide much to discuss:
- A palette of technology choices
- Anticipation of greater disruption by both fixed and mobile alternatives
- Quantification of speed demand for first time
- Encouragement of greater rather than less competition
- Suggestions to reduce uniformity ? particularly in pricing
So will the NBN be completed much as previously planned but with just a few more technologies in urban areas? Or will we see substantial change ? more competition, more disruption and less uniformity. And overall, would change be good or bad for consumers and the industry?
This special session will commence at 11.45am with the TelSoc Annual General Meeting 2014 including some special resolutions and election of the Board for the following year. Board nomination forms, nominations to date and proxy forms are all available on the website menu under "My account" when you are logged in as a financial member (including life members and student members).
- 11.45am to 12.15pm - TelSoc AGM
- 12.30 to 1.30pm - Gary McLaren / Bob James discussion
AFTER the conclusion of Gary and Bob's presentation at 1.30pm, there will be an opportunity for you to network with your industry colleagues over tea and coffee until 2.00pm.
Date and Time
Tue, 28 Oct 2014
11:45 - 14:00 AEDT