Membership is open to all who have an interest in telecommunications, its applications and its contribution to the digital economy.
Financial member benefits
- Development of knowledge, skills and experience through active participation in the Society.
- Free access to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy (successor to the TJA).
- Free access to CommsWire daily and weekly newsletters.
- Participation in the activities of the Society at no charge or reduced rates.
- Participation in the development of public policy positions relating to telecommunications and the digital economy.
- Participation in forums and discussion on the TelSoc website.
- Frequent opportunities for networking with peers in the ICT industry.
- Webmail contact with your fellow TelSoc members.
- Financial members are also voting members of the TelSoc (Telecommunications Association Inc.) in accordance with the constitution.
- Annual subscription AU$100.00. Some employers will arrange pre-tax or post-tax payroll packaging of the Society membership payments.
Financial membership will last for one year from date of payment but may be extended at any time for a full year by logging in and clicking the "Memberships" tab under "My account". A reminder will be sent towards the end of this period to renew membership. If membership is not renewed before expiry, a member's online status will be downgraded to "Authenticated user".
Extend or upgrade membership at time by logging in and clicking the "Memberships" tab under "My account". Memberships extend from the current date of expiry so that you are not penalised by extending early.
Other categories of membership
- Have all the benefits of financial members including voting rights.
- The period of membership is for life.
- Life membership is free but by invitation only, offered for outstanding service to TelSoc and its predecessor, the TSA.
- Student members have all of the benefits of financial membership except voting rights.
- The period of membership is for a calendar year from January to December.
- Annual subscription AU$30.00.
- Subscribe to email notifications of news and events.
- Participation in the activities of the Society for a fee.
- Upgrade to financial membership at any stage.
- Free access to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy.
- The period of subscription is for one calendar year from January to December.
- Annual subscription AU$400.00.
Terms and conditions of membership
Terms and conditions of membership of TelSoc are that members:
- Support the purposes of TelSoc, namely:
- To promote knowledge, understanding and excellence in telecommunications and its applications including the digital economy.
- Respect and comply with the copyright provisions of the website.
- Respect and comply with the privacy provisions of the website.
- Respect and comply with the guidelines for content on the website.
In addition, student members affirm that:
- That they are full-time students.
- That their educational institution and student number details are valid.