Membership is open to all who have an interest in telecommunications, its applications and its contribution to the digital economy.
Financial Member Benefits
- Keep informed and learn about new products and technologies
- Network with peers in Telecommunications and the Digital Economy
- Free access to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy (successor to the TJA)
- Free access to CommsWire daily newsletters
- Participation in the activities of the Society at no charge or reduced rates
- Participation in the development of public policy positions relating to telecommunications and the digital economy
- Participation in forums and discussion on the TelSoc website
- Webmail contact with your fellow TelSoc members
- Vote to elect members of the TelSoc Board
Join TelSoc (choose Memberships, then use the joining form)
Financial membership is for each Financial Year at $120 pa (no GST applies)
Other categories of membership
- Have all the benefits of financial members including voting rights
- The period of membership is for life
- Life membership is free but by invitation only, offered for outstanding service to TelSoc and its predecessor, the TSA
- Student members have all of the benefits of financial membership except voting rights
- The period of membership is for a calendar year from January to December.
- Annual subscription reduced to ZERO from 1st July 2018
- Subscribe to email notifications of news and events
- Participation in the activities of the Society for a fee (for each activity)
- Upgrade to financial membership at any stage
- Free access to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy.
- The period of subscription is for one calendar year from January to December.
- Annual subscription A$420.00.
Terms and conditions of membership
Terms and conditions of membership of TelSoc are that members:
- Support the purposes of TelSoc, namely:
- To promote knowledge, understanding and excellence in telecommunications and its applications including the digital economy.
Respect and comply with the copyright provisions of the website.
Respect and comply with the privacy provisions of the website.
Respect and comply with the guidelines for content on the website.
In addition, student members affirm that:
- That they are full-time students.
- That their educational institution and student number details are valid.