Adelaide Joint Technical Program Event and Online
Wednesday, 25th October 2023
This event is organized by Engineers Australia and is part of the Joint Technical Program in Adelaide and online. It is free to TelSoc members.
Transversal issues within specialty engineering. Transverse, transversals or specialty engineering is a part of the overall engineering process that collates a set of diverse specialty disciplines, and addresses requirements that must be implemented at a whole system of systems (SoS) level, rather than being specific to particular equipment and subsystems.
The presentation is not a SME lecture but an opportunity to share and discuss; open to anybody who has something to say or to think about it. This is a technical 50’ short journey into a particular multi-domain specialty with some cultural and philosophical reflections. The speaker will explain what transverse engineering is and will explore with mind maps and some examples, the effects of six disciplines combinations between safety, security, electromagnetic effects and software. He will continue then presenting what in his view are the key challenges in this part of engineering, and then he will try to show some metaphors to evidence how transversal thinking is morphing engineering. Finally, he will conclude proposing some conclusions and opening to some debate with the audience.
In this presentation you will learn:
- The multi-domain of specialty engineering adding philosophical and cultural reflections.
- Learn about the six disciplines combinations between safety, security, electromagnetic effects and software.
- Show some metaphors to evidence how transversal thinking is morphing engineering
- 5:30pm ACDT: Doors open and registration
- 6:00pm ACDT: Session commences followed by Q&A
- 7:00pm ACDT: Session concludes
- 6:30pm AEDT: Session livestreaming commences
- 7:30pm AEDT: Session livestreaming concludes
Date and Time
Wed, 25 Oct 2023
18:30 - 19:30 AEDT