Telecommunications is facing key disruptions over the next five years. This forum will gather experts to discuss how the sector can ride the wave of change from government policy to security, super-fast broadband & networking, security, data & analytics, IoT, GIS, SDN and other emerging technologies that will create challenges and opportunities for innovation.
Spanning two days, TelSoc Forum 2017 will provide a comprehensive view of future the telecommunications sector and inform delegates on issues ranging from policy reform to service delivery. The forum gathers an exciting program featuring international and local case studies, speakers from the private and public sector, and technology experts on telecommunications, security, IoT, data and other emerging technologies.
TelSoc Forum 2017 will create a unique opportunity for robust discussion on new directions, challenges and opportunities.
Co-located with ITNAC (International Telecommunications Networks and Applications Conference), TelSoc Forum delegates can also network with experts at the forefront of research and innovation.
For more information including agenda, speakers and sponsorship opportunities for TelSoc Forum 2017, visit the website https://www.telsocforum2017.org.au/
Forum speakers include:
Michelle Rowland, Shadow Minister for Communications
- The Hon. Gavin Jennings, Special Minister of State, Victorian Government
- John O'Driscoll, CISO, Victorian Government
- David Watts, Adjunct Professor Law, La Trobe University and former Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection, The Office for the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection, Victorian Government
- James Cameron, Acting Vice Chair, Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Chris Althaus, CEO, Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA)
- Mike Bareja, Program Manager, Australian Cyber Security Growth Network
- John Stanton, CEO, Communications Alliance
- Teresa Corbin, CEO, Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN)
- Paul Brooks, Vice Chair, Internet Australia
- Frank Zeichner, CEO, IoT Alliance Australia (IoTAA)
- Martin Creighan, CEO, AT&T
- Dr Murray Milner, Director, Crown Fibre Holdings, New Zealand
- Dr Carsten Rudolph, Director, Oceania Cyber Security Centre
TelSoc encourages telecommunications and security leaders, chief risk and security officers, compliance professionals, and anyone else wanting to engage with the future of telecommunications in Australia to attend.